Where Does Windsor Weekend Take Place
Since 2000, the drag-racing-faithful in the Windsor area have made their way to the shores of Lake Huron for the annual Windsor Weekend event at the Grand Bend Motorplex, in beautiful Grand Bend, Ontario.
GBM Contact Info
70292 Grand Bend Line Grand Bend, Ontario
G.P.S.: North 43° 17.595′ West 081° 43.598′
Grand Bend Motorplex Office
Weekdays 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Office: (519) 238-7223
Fax: (519) 238-5299
Directions to Grand Bend Motorplex
- Take highway 401 to highway 21, go North to highway 2 (Thamesville)
- Go East to 79 (Bothwell) and follow 79 to Port Franks, turn right onto highway 21
- Continue into Grand Bend to highway 81 (2nd set of traffic lights) and turn right
- The track is 3 km on the left.
- Take the 401 to highway 21, and follow 21 North to Grand Bend. (MUCH longer route).
If Not Towing (and willing to risk the wait at the border)
- Take the tunnel in Windsor, get on I 94 to Port Huron and cross the border at Port Huron/Sarnia.
- Cross over bridge into Canada and go straight to the Canada Customs booths (stay left, do not go to the extreme right booths as they are for transport trucks)
- Once cleared by Customs, stay on highway 402
- Travel approx. 15 miles to highway 21 north to Forest
- Take highway 21 north to Forest and turn right at the traffic lights on highway 21
- Stay on highway 21 for about 20 miles
- You will cross a river and go through about 5 miles of bush until you come into Grand Bend
- Turn right at the second set of traffic lights in Grand Bend onto highway 81
- The track is 2 miles on the left…you’ll hear us
- This is the quickest route, providing traffic at border crossings is not backed up.